Bob Thuemmel – Professional Experience & Background
Bob Thuemmel has been a criminal defense lawyer since passing the Oregon State Bar in 1977. His practice regularly includes the defense of DUI charges for clients charged in a variety of parts of the state of Oregon. He also specializes in vehicular homicide cases and vehicular assault cases; those cases in which death or serious injuries have resulted from the “alcohol-related” accident. He is known across the state for his ability to prepare and defend these cases to juries, and he has been a featured speaker at many legal seminars on the subject of alcohol-related crash cases, as well as on DUI generally. He has strong, established working relationships with many experts whose skills add to the defense of these serious accident cases as well.
Bob Thuemmel is regularly consulted by other criminal defense attorneys to assist with their cases. He regularly has clients referred to him from “the other side,” from prosecutors or police officers who he has dealt with in the past. He even has had new cases come in the door sent by victims’ family members in past homicide cases he had defended. He treats each of his cases as if the client were a family member or his own close friend, giving their case nothing less than the constant attention it sometimes can take to achieve a just result.
Bob Thuemmel – Professional Activities
- Attorney Member, Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability
- This is the nine member commission in Oregon that is charged with the review of judicial conduct in state and municipal courts. Bob is one of three attorney members of the Judicial Fitness Commission.
- Member, Board of Directors, Multnomah Defenders, Inc.
- Past President, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- Past member and Chair, Multnomah Bar Association Judicial Screening Committee.
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund.
- Past member, MBA Judicial Screening Task Force
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers in America, 2001-Present
- Recognized, The Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized, “Oregon’s Best Lawyers,” Portland Monthly Magazine
In his spare time, Bob enjoys spending time with his kids. He also likes some hobby woodworking, spending time at a cabin in the mountains, and he is a music enthusiast. He golfs a little too, but mostly he leaves that sport to his partner William Uhle.